The course will give an introduction to the world of European project planning and management. It will focus in particular on the key role of science communication, both as an instrument to maximize the impact of scientific research and as a tool to achieve an effective collaboration between science and society.
Students will have the opportunity to get in touch with delegates of companies and organizations active in the field with different roles and purposes: from the management of dissemination and communication activities within research projects to the development of innovative ways to build capacities and connect science to society.
Programma del corso:
Hours of lesson: 16
Lesson 1. An introduction to project management
Lesson 2. The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation: the role of science communication in H2020
Lesson 3. European projects and science engagement: developing innovative ways of connecting science to society
Lesson 4. From science dissemination to capacity building: the experience of a communication agency
After completing the course, the students will:
- be aware of their potential role in European projects as science communicators;
- know the structure and working procedure of H2020 and how to get funding;
- be familiar with the basic tools and skills of project management;
- know some good practices of science communication and dissemination at international level;
- understand some innovative approaches to address the societal engagement in research and innovation.
Argano L., Bollo A. Della Sega P. e Candida V., Gli eventi culturali. Ideazione, progettazione, marketing, comunicazione, FrancoAngeli Edizioni, 2005
Tonchia S. e Nonino F., La Guida del Sole 24 ORE al Project Management, Milano, 2007
Guida al PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge), Quarta Edizione.